Monday, February 9, 2009

Dev D

An imdb rating of 9.2 doesn't mean that a movie is going to be great. But it does ensure that the movie is worth a watch so that you can decide it for yourself whether it's good or bad.

And that's what this movie has done to me. A very high imdb rating, a modern interpretation of an old story (which was interesting in its own way - why else would it have 9 movie adaptations?), fair reviews, and finally Abhay Deol - it has all the ingredients for making it interesting.

After having seen Abhay Deol's 'Oye Lucky, Lucky Oye', I, somehow, have pretty high expectations from him. This guy does something to the characters that he plays.

Also, against all the odds, I had liked Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Devdas too. It was possibly because I had very low expectations from that one (I had a BIG mental block against this movie - still I watched it...after 3 years of it being been released!). And having liked that 'Devdas', I'm pretty sure that this contemporary interpretation is going to be a pretty cool one.

Let me go watch it before I write the review!

No comments: