Tuesday, March 18, 2008

An ode to a simple path

In an endeavor to simplify my complicated life, I had tried to follow a simple path.

I faltered as the path was not as simple as I had expected it to be, or as simple as the path proclaimed to be. One can call it expectation mismatch or whatever.

I kept falling down but I persevered. After every fall, I kept getting up and going. I tried my best to walk on it despite numerous falls that I had. The path was well trodden. But I was new to it. Despite licking the dust so many times, I could never ever become one with the path. All I had over my body were bruises. Some showed up, some didn't.

It was only a matter of time before I gave up. And give up did I, much to the chagrin of the path, the world, and my own self.

How strongly I had felt for that path, how much did I crave for walking down that path - only I know that. No one else can empathise with me.

Now, for the good of my life and all the other lives around me, I don't want to pursue that path (at least for the near foreseeable future). I don't want to simplify my life anymore. I would let my life be as complicated as it was, because I have realized that the more one tries to simplify it, the more complicated it becomes.

No comments: